Search websites, locations, and people
Category: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Yunqi, Hangzhou, CN
Employment Type: Full-time
Introduction of The Lab/ Research Field
Professor Li’s principal research interests lie in mathematical modelling of complex environmental systems. His works address fundamental aspects of ocean-land interactions and have contributed to the development of many emerging concepts and research directions in this field. He developed the first theoretical model of submarine groundwater discharge (SGD) that incorporates oscillating groundwater flow and circulation driven by tides and waves. The ocean-land interface is a critical zone of the earth system. Coastal wetlands, for example, play important roles in moderating green-house gas emission and protecting the coastal zone from impacts of sea level rise. Professor Li’s research has improved significantly our understanding of complex eco-environmental system at the ocean-land interface.
Position: Postdoctoral Fellow (4)
1) Study on key physical and biogeochemical processes and mechanisms in subterranean estuaries and their response to global change and sea-level rise, based on the technologies and methods of field observation, new marine chemistry technology, numerical simulation and machine learning. (2)
2) Develop meshless method based water-sediment-pollutant transport model, study the influence of sediment onset on pollutant transports as well as adsorption and desorption processes; Using Direct Numerical Simulation to investigate how the sediment concentration, size distribution, particle shapes affect the rheology of water-sediment suspension. (1)
3) The candidate is expected to have good ecohydrological (especially macroscopic ecology and spatial ecology) knowledge background. He/she is able to combine the theoretical analysis and data validation to investigate the classical ecosystems (such as drylands and wetlands)’ spatial self-organization and multistability mechanisms as well as ecological system functions under the climate change and human activities, by comprehensively using the approaches of spatial ecology, mathematical modeling and statistical physics. (1)
1) Age under 35.
2) Ph.D. degree (obtained or about to obtain) in the fields of Marine Science, Estuarine and Coastal Science, Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Geochemistry, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Environmental Fluid Mechanics, Sediment Transport Mechanics, Ecohydrology, Ecology (Space Ecology, Macroecology), Computational Hydrology or other related fields.
3) Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
4) Excellent English-speaking skills and writing skills.
5) Passion and commitment towards scientific research; and ability to independently conduct research and supervise graduate students.
Compensation and Benefits
The research team offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. Applications for relevant projects and programs will be encouraged and supported.
For post-doc(s) who selected for China Postdoctoral Science Foundation or Advanced Programs of Zhejiang Province will be entitled to receive the same amount funds from the Hangzhou government.
For post-doc(s) who full-time work in Hangzhou after completing their post-doc research will be eligible for applying allowance of 400,000RMB from the Hangzhou government.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following documents in English as PDF files to email@example.com, and indicate the Post-doc application in the email subject.
1) Post-doc application form（attach a detailed CV）
2) 2 reference letters
3) Doctoral Degree Certificate
Job advertisement: Postdoctoral Researcher in the Ho Lab at Westlake University School of Engineering
Postdoc position in Xiaoyun Dai Lab, School of Life Sciences
Post-doc Position in Yuchen Xiao Lab (Lab of Neuroscience and Brain Sciences) Westlake University, School of Life Sciences
Postdoc position in Zheng YAN’s Lab, School of Science
FULL-TIME;Yungu, Hangzhou, CN
Postdoc position in the Guo Lab, School of Life Sciences
Post-doc position in Yuzhong Zhang Lab, School of Engineering