Search websites, locations, and people
Category: Research Team
Location: Yunqi, Hangzhou, CN
Employment Type: Full-time
1. Introduction about the Lab
About the PI: Dr. Yanxiao Zhang received his bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology from Beijing University in 2010. He then obtained a PhD degree in Bioinformatics (advisor: Dr. Maureen Sartor) and master’s degree in Statistics from the University of Michigan in 2016. He completed his postdoctoral work in Dr. Bing Ren’s lab at Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (UCSD branch), studying the dynamics of chromatin states during mammalian development (as part of ENCODE) and 3-dimenstional chromatin structure.
About the Lab: Our lab will use computational and functional genomics tools to study the mechanisms of aging and cancer, with a primary focus on epigenetic regulations. We will investigate how the dysfunction of heterochromatin, repetitive elements and transposons contributes to the oncogenic and aging processes.
Lab website: https://zhangyxlab.github.io/
Lab page on Westlake University: https://sls.westlake.edu.cn/Our_Faculty/202108/t20210825_12077.shtml
2. Job Openings (number of opening in parentheses)
Research Assistant Professor (1)
- An ideal candidate should have obtained (or is expected to obtain) a PhD degree in Genomics/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Genetics or related field, and have experiences in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell culture, genomics and other “wet lab” techniques. Experience in epigenetics or CRISPR genome editing is highly desirable.
- Candidate should be capable of communicating and understanding Genomics/Bioinformatics analysis results.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative spirits.
- Proficient in communicating, reading, and writing in English.
- Responsible and rigorous.
Research Assistant (Lab Manager, 1)
- Assist the PI in managing the lab expenditure, in terms of purchase of equipment and reagents, reimbursements, and other routines, to help keep the lab running.
- Assist in scheduling work-related activities for lab members and taking care of reimbursements.
- Assist in day-to-day communication with other administrative personnel in the University.
- Have interest in biomedical research and can help run experiments or data analysis when needed.
- Motivated about work and have excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in writing in Chinese, and good in reading/writing in English.
- Have obtained bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Biology or related field. Previous experience in lab management will be highly desirable.
3. Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Candidates will enjoy “wuxianyijin” and relevant benefits of Westlake University.
4. How to apply
To apply, please send your resume in PDF format to email@example.com, and indicate “Application for [Position], [Your Name]” in the email subject. We will email the results of the preliminary screening of the application and contact qualified candidate for interview.
Research Assistant Position – Farmer knowledge transfer project, School of Engineering
Job Advertisement：Qicheng Zhang Lab, School of Engineering
Job Advertisement: Multiple positions in the Chen Lab, School of Life Sciences
FULL-TIME;Yungu, Hangzhou, CN
Job Advertisement：Lab of Sleep and Neural Development, School of Life Sciences
FULL-TIME;Yunqi, Hangzhou, CN
Job Advertisement: RNA and Disease Lab (Prof. Dieter A. Wolf) , School of Life Sciences
FULL-TIME;Yunqi, Hangzhou, CN
Job Advertisement：Smart Polymer Materials Lab (SPML), School of Engineering