Search websites, locations, and people
Xiaofei Gao, Ph. D.
Founder of Westlake Therapeutics (Hangzhou) Co., Ltd.
School of Life Science, Westlake University Principal Investigator
· Invented the “REDx” therapeutic platform technology, which has been transferred for industrial developmentand preclinical applications.
· Ph.D. at University of Kansas; Leukemia and Lymphoma Society postdoctoral fellow at MIT in the USA.
· Qiu Shi Science and Technology Outstanding Young Scholar Prize in 2018; Overseas high-level talent in Zhejiang Province;the top talent in Zhejiang colleges and universities; the new star of innovative talent in the Overseas Chinese Community of Hangzhou.
· Research funded by a number of competitive grants, including the Zhejiang Provincial Distinguished Young Scholarship,Hangzhou Major Innovation Award, and Zhejiang Provincial Key R&D Program Selection Project.
· Published in prestigious journals, such as Nature, Nature Immunology, Cell Host & Microbe and PNAS.
Westlake Therapeutics (Hangzhou) Co., Ltd., a leading company on cell therapies, was founded in June 2020. It is located at the Cloud Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. The core R&D team members are from top universities in the world, including Westlake University, Tsinghua University, Peking University and Harvard University.
The company developed the RBC engineering platform, REDx, which uses stem cell-derived or modified natural RBCs to generate cellular medicine. The process of RBC drug delivery includes modifying genetically engineered RBCs, collecting a large number of engineered RBCs ex vivo, and reinfusing to patients.
The company is fast growing and has completed nearly 300 million RMB fundraising to date. Meanwhile, the company has established a broad spectrum of clinical collaborations with hospitals, top medical research institutes and biotech companies domestically and internationally. With preclinical validation of several RBC therapy products in progress, the clinical research is moving forward rapidly.
Using stem cell-derived or modified natural RBCs to produce a variety of cellular medicine for treatment.
Efficient and effective production of RBC therapeutic agents.
Developed off-the-shelf red blood cellular products at a low cost.
Multiple first-in-class pipelines for personalized transfusion and treatment of rare diseases,cancers, and immunological and metabolic diseases.
The 1st spinoff company from Westlake University.
Having top-notch scientific & clinical research advisors and experienced team members in the industry.
Having R&D and production centers in area of more than 6,000 square meters in Hangzhou and Shanghai, China.
Completed fundraising of 300 million RMB from world-renowned investors in the past one year.