Search websites, locations, and people
Jiu-an LV, Ph. D.
School of Engineering
Smart Polymer Materials Lab
Dr. Jiu-an Lv received his B. Sc. and M.S. degrees in the department of chemistry from northwest university, China, in 2005 and 2008, respectively. After that, he served as a process engineer at the China aerospace science and technology corporation for three years. In 2011, he began to study liquid crystal polymer materials at Fudan university and obtained Ph. D degree in 2016. Then he worked in the department of Materials in Fudan University as a postdoctoral researcher between 2016 and 2018. He jointed Westlake University as an Assistant Professor in March, 2018.
Dr. Jiu-an Lv’ research interest focuses on photodeformable liquid crystal polymer materials and their application in functional devices. Dr. Lv has developed a conceptually novel optomicrofluidics technology that utilizes photodeformation to manipulate small amounts of liquids. His thesis has been selected as the Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of Chinese Materials Research Society in 2017 (only ten in China). In the future, Lv’s group will continue working on deformable polymer materials and their functional devices. The research directions include but are not limited to the following: 1) Design and preparation of novel deformable liquid crystal polymer materials; 2) Design and fabrication of flexible smart device; 3) Development and application of novel optomicrofluidics technologies.
1. Zhiming Hu, Yunlong Li，and Jiu-an Lv*. Phototunable Self-Oscillating System Driven by a Self-Winding Fiber Actuator. Nature Communications, 2021, 12, 3211.
2. Zhiming Hu#, Wei Fang#, Qunyang Li, Xi-Qiao Feng* and Jiu-an Lv*. Optocapillarity-Driven Assembly and Reconfiguration of Liquid Crystal Polymer Actuators. Nature Communications, 2020, 11, 5780.
3. Jiu-an Lv, Yuyun Liu, Jia Wei, Erqiang Chen, Lang Qin and Yanlei Yu*. Photocontrol of Fluid Slugs in Liquid Crystal Polymer Microactuators. Nature, 2016, 537, 179-184. (Highly Cited Paper)
4. Tonghui Zhao, Wenchao Dou, Zhiming Hu, Wenhao Hou, Yirui Sun and Jiu-an Lv*. Reconfigurable Soft Actuators with Multiple-Stimuli Responses. Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 2020, 41, 2000313.
5. Jiu-an Lv, Wei Wang, Wei Wu and Yanlei Yu*. A Reactive Azobenzene Liquid-Crystalline Block Copolymer as a Promising Material for Practical Application of Light-Driven Soft Actuators. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2015, 3, 6621-6626.
6. Jiu-an Lv, Weiru Wang, Jixiang Xu, Tomiki Ikeda and Yanlei Yu*. Photoinduced Bending Behavior of Cross-linked Azobenzene Liquid-Crystalline Polymer Films with a Poly(oxyethylene) Backbone. Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 2014, 35, 1266-1272.