Search websites, locations, and people
Xiao YANG, Ph. D.
School of Engineering
Laboratory of Resource Extraction and Process Tailoring
B.E., Materials Engineering, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (2003)
M.S., Chemical Technologies, Institute of Process Engineering-Chinese Academy of Sciences (2006)
Ph.D., Metallurgical Engineering, The University of Tokyo (2009)
Research Associate, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (2009-2010)
Researcher, ShaSteel Co. Ltd. (2010-2012)
Research Assistant Professor, Kyoto University (2012-2016)
Research Fellow, The University of Texas at Austin (2016-2017)
Assistant Professor, The University of Tokyo (2017-2020)
Research Professor, Yonsei University (2019, part-time)
Xiao is an Extractive Metallurgist. He has 10+ years of research experience from both academia and industry, with well-trained fundamental skills and active industrial/international collaboration. His recent passion lies in design of eco-friendly processes for resources production and recycling. His work has recently appeared in Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, ISIJ International, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Angewandte Chemie, among other journals.
1. X. YANG*, T. NOHIRA and Il SOHN, “Electrochemical Preparation of Water-Reactive Silicon with Potential Applications in Hydrogen Generation”, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 167 (2020), In Press.
2. X. YANG, L. JI, X. ZOU, T. LIM, J. ZHAO, E. T. YU and A. J. BARD, “Toward Cost-effective Manufacturing of Si Solar Cells: Electrodeposition of High Quality Si Films in a CaCl2-based Molten Salt”, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 129 (2017).
3. X. YANG, K. YASUDA, T. NOHIRA, R. HAGIWARA and T. HOMMA, “Reaction Behavior of Stratified SiO2 Granules during Electrochemical Reduction in Molten CaCl2”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 45 (2014).
4. X. YANG, N. TAKEICHI, K. SHIDA, H. TANAKA, N. KURIYAMA and T. SAKAI, “Novel Mg–Zr–A–H (A = Li, Na) Hydrides Synthesized by a High Pressure Technique and Their Hydrogen Storage Properties”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 509 (2011).
5. X. YANG, H. MATSUURA and F. TSUKIHASHI, “Condensation of P2O5 at the Interface between 2CaO·SiO2 and CaO-SiO2-FeOx-P2O5 Slag”, ISIJ International, 49 (2009).
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=E4BnqO4AAAAJ