Search websites, locations, and people
Huaimin WANG, Ph.D.
School of Science
Laboratory for Intelligent Functional Biomaterials
After receiving his B.S. from Tianjin University, Huaimin obtained his PhD. in 2015 from Nankai University under the supervision of Professor Zhimou Yang. Before starting his independent research, he was a postdoctoral fellow with Prof. Bing Xu at Brandeis University. His research interests mainly focus on applying supramolecular assemblies of small molecules to explore and engineer living organisms; designing functional supramolecular nanomaterial for applications in materials chemistry and biomedicine.
1) Self-assembly in cellular milieu for controlling cell fate
2) Controlling (nucleo)peptide self-assembly and it's applications
3) In-situ construction of active probes in cell milieu
4) The application of supramolecular hydrogel in cancer therapy, vaccine adjuvant and tissue engineering
1. Wang, H. M.; Feng, Z. Q. Q.; Xu, B.* “Instructed-Assembly as Context-Dependent Signals for Death and Morphogenesis of Cells” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019
2. Wang, H.; Feng, Z.; Qin, Y.; Wang, J.; Xu, B., Nucleopeptide Assemblies Selectively Sequester ATP in Cells to Increase the Efficcay of Doxorubicin” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 4931-4935.
3. Wang, H.; Feng, Z.; Del Signore, S. J.; Rodal, A. A.; Xu, B., Active Probes for Imaging Membrane Dynamics of Live Cells with High Spatial and Temporal Resolution over Extended Time Scales and Areas. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140 (10), 3503-3509.
4. Wang, H.; Shi, J.; Feng, Z.; Zhou, R.; Wang, S.; Rodal, A. A.; Xu, B., An in situ Dynamic Continuum of Supramolecular Phosphoglycopeptides Enables Formation of 3D Cell Spheroids. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56 (51), 16297-16301.
5. Wang, H., Feng, Z., Xu, B., Bioinspired Assembly of Small Molecules in Cell Milieu, Chem. Soc. Rev., 46 (2017) 2421-2436.
6. Wang, H., Feng, Z., Lu, A., Jiang, Y., Wu, H., Xu, B., Instant Hydrogelation Inspired by Inflammasomes, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 56 (2017) 7579-7583
7. Wang, H., Feng, Z., Wu, D., Fritzsching, K. J., Rigney, M., Zhou, J., Jiang, Y., Schmidt-Rohr, K., Xu, B., Enzyme-Regulated Supramolecular Assemblies of Cholesterol Conjugates against Drug-Resistant Ovarian Cancer Cells, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 138 (2016) 10758-10761.
8. Wang, H., Feng, Z., Wang, Y., Zhou, R., Yang, Z., Xu, B., Integrating Enzymatic Self-Assembly and Mitochondria Targeting for Selectively Killing Cancer Cells without Acquired Drug Resistance, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 138 (2016) 16046-16055.
9. Wang, H., Luo, Z., Wang, Y., He, T., Yang, C., Ren, C., Ma, L., Gong, C., Li, X., Yang, Z., Enzyme‐Catalyzed Formation of Supramolecular Hydrogels as Promising Vaccine Adjuvants, Adv. Funct. Mater, 26 (2016) 1822-1829.
10. Wang, H., Liu, J., Han, A., Xiao, N., Xue, Z., Wang, G., Long, J., Kong, D., Liu, B., Yang, Z., Self-Assembly-Induced Far-Red/near-Infrared Fluorescence Light-up for Detecting and Visualizing Specific Protein–Peptide Interactions, ACS Nano, 8 (2014) 1475-1484.