Search websites, locations, and people
Hang SHI, Ph.D.
Organometallic Methodology and Functional Molecules Synthesis Laboratory
Hang Shi was born in Shenyang. He graduated from Hunan University in 2008 with a bachelor's degree. His graduate studies were carried out at Peking University under the direction of Prof. Zhen Yang culminating in a Ph.D. degree in 2013. Then, he joined the group of Prof. Tobias Ritter at Harvard University, as a postdoctoral researcher. During that period, he also performed part of the research at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) under the direction of Prof. Ritter, Prof. Neil Vasdev, and Prof. Steven H. Liang. At the end of 2015, he moved to the Scripps Research Institute and joined Prof. Jin-Quan Yu’s group. His expertise is in the field of organic total synthesis, organometallic methodology, asymmetric catalysis and 18F-labeling. He joined School of Science, Westlake University in 2018 as an Assistant Professor.
1. Yan, X.-B.+; Li, L.+; Wu, W.-Q.; Xu, L.; Li, K.; Liu, Y.-C.; Shi, H.* “Ni-Catalyzed Hydroalkylation of Olefins with N-Sulfonyl Amines” Nat. Commun. 2021, accepted.
2. Kang, Q.-K.+; Lin, Y.+; Li, Y.; Xu, L.; Li, K.; Shi, H.* “Catalytic SNAr Hydroxylation and Alkoxylation of Aryl Fluorides” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, 60, 20391.
3. Li, L.+; Liu, Y.-C.+; Shi, H.* “Nickel-Catalyzed Enantioselective α‑Alkenylation of N‑Sulfonyl Amines: Modular Access to Chiral α‑Branched Amines” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021, 143, 4154.
4. Kang, Q.-K.; Lin, Y.; Li, Y.; Shi, H.* “Ru(II)-Catalyzed Amination of Aryl Fluorides via η6-Coordination” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, 142, 3706.
5. Shi, H.; Lu, Y.; Weng, J.; Bay, K. L.; Chen, X.; Tanaka, K.; Verma, P.; Houk, K. N.*; Yu, J.-Q.* “Differentiation and functionalization of adjacent, remote C–H bonds” Nature Chemistry 2020, 12, 399.
6. Shi, H.; Herron, A. N.; Shao, Y.; Shao, Q.; Yu, J.-Q. “Enantioselective Remote meta-C‒H Arylation and Alkylation via a Chiral Transient Mediator” Nature 2018, 558, 581.
7. Shi, H.; Wang, P.; Suzuki, S.; Farmer, M. E.; Yu, J.-Q. “Ligand Promoted meta-C−H Chlorination of Anilines and Phenols” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 14876.
8. Shi, H.; Braun, A.; Wang, L.; Liang, S. H.; Vasdev, N.; Ritter, T. “Synthesis of 18F-Difluoromethylarenes from Aryl (Pseudo) Halides” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55,10786.
9. Shi, H.; Babinski, D.; Ritter, T.“Modular C−H Functionalization Cascade of Aryl Iodides” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 3775.
10. Shi, H.; Fang, L.; Tan, C.; Shi, L.; Zhang, W.; Li, C.-C.; Luo, T.; Yang, Z. “Total Syntheses of Drimane-Type Sesquiterpenoids Enabled by a Gold-Catalyzed Tandem Reaction” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 14944.