Search websites, locations, and people
Zhaobin WANG, Ph.D.
School of Science
Asymmetric Synthesis and Catalysis Laboratory
Zhaobin Wang received his B.S. degree in 2011 from Nanjing University, and Ph.D. degree in 2015 under the supervision of Prof. Jianwei Sun from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. In 2016, he went to Caltech as a postdoctoral researcher and worked with Prof. Gregory C. Fu. Zhaobin joined the School of Science at Westlake University in October of 2019.
The Asymmetric Catalysis and Synthesis Lab was established in October 2019. The research will focus on novel synthetic methodology development with an emphasis on asymmetric radical transformations and synthetic carbohydrate chemistry. The projects in the lab will explore new chiral catalysts design and novel catalytic system development to target interesting small organic molecules more efficiently, such as bioactive compounds and chemical probes.
1. Wang, Z.; Yang, Z-P.; Fu, G. C.* “Quaternary Stereocentres via Catalytic Enantioconvergent Nucleophilic Substitution Reactions of Tertiary Alkyl Halides by Alkenylmetal Reagents”, Nat. Chem. 2020 (Accepted).
2. Wang, Z.; Yin, H.; Fu, G. C.* “Catalytic Enantioconvergent Couplings of Secondary and Tertiary Electrophiles with Olefins”, Nature 2018, 563, 379−383.
3. Wang, Z.; Bachman, S.; Dudnik, A. S.; Fu, G. C.* “Nickel-Catalyzed Enantioconvergent Borylation of Racemic Secondary Benzylic Electrophiles”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 14529−14532.
4. Wang, Z.; Wong, Y. F.; Sun, J.* “Catalytic Asymmetric 1,6-Conjugate Addition of para-Quinone Methides: Formation of All-Carbon Quaternary Stereocenters”, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 13711−13714.
5. Wang, Z.; Sheong, F.; Sung, H.; Williams, I.; Lin, Z.*; Sun, J.* “Catalytic Enantioselective Intermolecular Desymmetrization of Azetidines”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 5895−5898.
6. Wang, Z.; Ai, F.; Wang, Z.; Zhao, W.; Zhu, G.*; Lin, Z*.; Sun, J.* “Organocatalytic Asymmetric Synthesis of 1,1-Diarylethanes by Transfer Hydrogenation”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 383−389.
7. Wang, Z.; Chen, Z.; Sun, J.* “Catalytic Enantioselective Intermolecular Desymmetrization of 3-Substituted Oxetanes”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 6685−6688. (Front cover, highlighted in SYNFACTS)
8. Wang, Z.; Sun, J.* “Enantioselective [4+2] Cycloaddition of o-Quinone Methides and Vinyl Sulfides: Indirect Access to Generally Substituted Chiral Chromanes”, Org. Lett. 2017, 19, 2334−2337.
9. Wang, Z.; Law, W. K.; Sun, J.* “Chiral Phosphoric Acid Catalyzed Enantioselective Desymmetrization of meso-Epoxides by Thiols”, Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 5964−5966.
10. Chen, Z.1; Wang, Z.1 (co-first author); Sun, J.* “Catalytic Enantioselective Synthesis of Tetrahydroisoquinolines and Their Analogues Bearing a C4 Stereocenter: Formal Synthesis of (+)-(8S, 13R)-Cyclocelabenzine”, Chem. −Eur. J. 2013, 19, 8426−8430. (1: equal contribution)