Search websites, locations, and people
Dr. Botao Ji received his B.S. (2007) in chemistry from Shandong University, P. R. China and Ph.D (2014) in physical chemistry from École Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles de la Ville de Paris (ESPCI), France. His Ph.D. research was about the synthesis and optical properties of plasmonic fluorescent quantum dots. Then he worked in Prof. Uri Banin’s group in Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel) as a postdoctoral researcher between 2015 and 2018, during which he mainly focused on heavy-metal-free colloidal semiconductor nanorods. He joined in School of Engineering, Westlake University as a principal investigator in January 2019.
Quantum dots (QDs) are tiny colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals with typical size between 1 and 10 nm. Due to their size-/shape-dependent properties, QDs show great potential in many applications including light-emitting diodes (LEDs), solar cell, photocatalysis and bio-imaging. Dr. Botao Ji is interested in synthesis and optical/electronic properties of heavy-metal-free QDs and developing new applications based on their unique properties.
1. Xinyao Shan, Binghan Li, Botao Ji*, Synthesis of Wurtzite In and Ga Phosphide Quantum Dots Through Cation Exchange Reactions. Chem. Mater. 2021, 33, 13, 5223–5232.
2. Botao Ji, Eran Rabani, Alexander L Efros, Roman Vaxenburg, Or Ashkenazi, Doron Azulay, Uri Banin, Oded Millo*, Dielectric Confinement and Excitonic Effects in Two-Dimensional Nanoplatelets. ACS Nano 2020, 14, 7, 8257–8265.
3. Botao Ji#, Somnath Koley#, Ilya Slobodkin, Sergei Remennik, Uri Banin*, ZnSe/ZnS Core/Shell Quantum Dots with Superior Optical Properties through Thermodynamic Shell Growth. Nano Letters 2020, 20, 2387-2395. (#co-first author)
4. Jin He#, Botao Ji#, Somnath Koley, Uri Banin*, David Avnir*, Metallic Conductive Luminescent Film. ACS nano 2019, 13, 10826-10834. (#co-first author)
5. Botao Ji, Yossef Panfil, Nir Waiskopf, Sergei Remennik, Inna Popov, Uri Banin*, Strain-controlled Shell Morphology on Quantum Rods. Nature Communications, 2019, 10, 2.
6. Guohua Jia*, Yingping Pang, Jiajia Ning*, Uri Banin* and Botao Ji*, Heavy-metal Free Colloidal Semiconductor Nanorods: Recent Advances and Future Perspectives. Advanced Materials, 2019, 31, 1900781.
7. Botao Ji, Yossef Panfil, Uri Banin*, Heavy-metal-free Fluorescent ZnTe/ZnSe Nanodumbbells. ACS Nano, 2017, 11, 7312-7320.
8. Botao Ji, Emerson Giovanelli, Benjamin Habert, Piernicola Spinicelli, Michel Nasilowski, Xiangzhen Xu, Nicolas Lequeux, Jean-Paul Hugonin, Francois Marquier, Jean-Jacques Greffet*, Benoit Dubertret*, Non-blinking Quantum Dot with a Plasmonic Nanoshell Resonator. Nature Nanotechnology, 2015, 10, 170-175.
9. Botao Ji, Xiuling Jiao, Ning Sui, Yongzheng Duan, Dairong Chen*, Long Single-crystalline α-Mn2O3 Nanowires: Facile Synthesis and Catalytic Properties. CrystEngComm, 2010, 12, 3229-3234.
The group is always looking for talented students/postdoctoral researchers who are interested in the field of nanomaterial. Graduate students in Chemistry, Materials Science and Chemical Engineering are encouraged to contact Dr. Botao Ji by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).