Search websites, locations, and people
"We expect that WIAS will always head in the right direction, and grow up as a Chinese-style world-leading research institute in near future."
Zhi Ren, born in 1982 in Hubei, received his bachelor degree in science and doctoral degree in condensed matter physics in 2004 and 2009, respectively. From 2009 to 2017, he conducted postdoctoral research in Osaka University and Geneva University successively. In early 2017, he joined the Zhejiang Westlake Institute for Advanced Study (predecessor of Westlake University). He has published 74 papers, with total citations over 5300 times and an Hirsch h-index of 30. He is currently a PI in the School of Science, and his research interest mainly focuses on the synthesis and characterization of new solid-state materials.
Key Research Achievements
(i) Discovery of several high-entropy alloy and candidate topological superconductors;
(ii) Discovery of isovalent-doping induced superconductivity and its coexistence with ferromagnetism in EuFe2As2;
(iii) Identification of a series of Bi2-xSbxTe3-ySey topological insulators with strongly reduced bulk conductivity；
(iv) Discovery of pressure-induced superconductivity and its unusual interplay with magnetism in CeAu2Si2.
1. Jifeng Wu†*, Guorui Xiao†, Qinqing Zhu, Bin Liu, Yanwei Cui, Siqi Wu, Guang-Han Cao, Zhi Ren*. Strong enhancement of superconductivity in the topological transition metal silicide W5Si3 by Re doping. Inorganic Chemistry Frontiers, in press.
2. Guorui Xiao, Qinqing Zhu, WuzhangYang, Yanwei Cui, Shijie Song, Guang-Han Cao, Zhi Ren*. Centrosymmetric to noncetrosymmetric structural transformation in a superconducting high-entropy alloy due to carbon addition. Science China Materials, in press.
3. Guorui Xiao*, Qinqing Zhu, Yanwei Cui, Wuzhang Yang, Baizhuo Li, Shijie Song, Guang-Han Cao, Zhi Ren*. Enhancement of superconductivity on the verge of a structural instability in isovalently doped β-ThRh1-xIrxGe. npj quantum materials, 2022, 7: 57.
4. Qinqing Zhu, Guorui Xiao, Yanwei Cui, Wuzhang Yang, Siqi Wu, Guang-han Cao, Zhi Ren*. W4IrC1- x: a new noncentrosymmetric superconductor with a cubic β-mn type structure. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2022, 10(15): 6070-6077.
5. Qinqing Zhu, Guorui Xiao, Yanwei Cui, Wuzhang Yang, Siqi Wu, Guang-Han Cao, Zhi Ren*. Structural transformation of MoReRu medium-entropy alloy by carbon addition. Scripta Materialia, 2022, 210: 114464.
6. Guorui Xiao, Qinqing Zhu, Yanwei Cui, Wuzhang Yang, Baizhuo Li, Shijie Song, Guang-Han Cao, Zhi Ren*. Polymorphism, structural transition and superconductivity in the equiatomic ternary germanide ThRhGe. Chemistry of materials, 2022, 34: 1235-1244.
7. Yanwei Cui, Qinqing Zhu, Guorui Xiao, Wuzhang Yang, Yabin Liu, Guanghan Cao, and Zhi Ren*, Interstitially carbon-alloyed refractory high-entropy alloys with a body-centered cubic structure. Science China Materials, 2022, 65: 494–500.
8. Bin Liu, Jifeng Wu, Yanwei Cui, Qinqing Zhu, Guorui Xiao, Siqi Wu, Guanghan Cao and Zhi Ren*. “Structural evolution and superconductivity tuned by valence electron concentration in the Nb-Mo-Re-Ru-Rh high-entropy alloys”. Journal of Materials Science & Technology. 2021, 85:11-17
9. Yanwei Cui, Siqi Wu, Qinqing Zhu, Guorui Xiao, Bin Liu, Jifeng Wu, Guanghan Cao, Zhi Ren*, Metal-insulator-like transition, superconducting dome and topological electronic structure in Ga-doped Re3Ge7. npj Quantum Materials, 2021, 6: 74 .
10. Jifeng Wu†, Chenqiang Hua†, Bin Liu, Yanwei Cui, Qinqing Zhu, Guorui Xiao, Siqi Wu, GuangHan Cao, Yunhao Lu*, Zhi Ren*. Doping-induced superconductivity in the topological semimetal Mo5Si3. Chemistry of Materials, 2020, 32 (20), 8930–8937.